Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School days, school days!



I love this time of year! I love the smell of brand-new Crayola crayons and #2 pencils, organizing cute binders, and shopping for new clothes! Every year, I've stocked up on school supplies - even when I haven't had kids in school. Crazy, I know. But I've always looked forward to the fresh start of a new school year. We moved ALOT when I was young, so for me, nearly every year meant a new school, teachers and friends. I'd prefer my girls to have a little more stability than that, but a new school year still means new friends, teachers, and experiences for them!

Monday, Lindsey started her first day as a 1st grader at her new school. She was so excited! We had decided to move her from the charter school back to traditional school this year, but we were still a little nervous about it. As it turns out, she's now in a class with all the little girls from our old neighborhood, so she has tons of friends in her class! Plus, her friend, Avery, is in the classroom next door. She told me yesterday, "Mom, I didn't know first grade was going to be this fun. We haven't learned anything - just playing!" Great. Wait until next week, sweetie!

Today was Emily's first day back at preschool. She has the same teacher Lindsey had 2 years ago - she's such an enthusiastic, sweet teacher! Emily's our little shy one, so I always worry about how she'll do. Apparently, I worry over nothing, because her teacher said she was wonderful and jumped right in. She was thrilled that she was the first one there for the open house on Monday, so she got the coveted hot pink "cubby" this year. Little girls are so funny!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Your girls are so cute. I love Lindsey's outfit.

Channa said...

Thanks! She thinks she's a little rockstar. :)

andrea said...

Hey, I just found your blog. The girls are all grown up and adorable. I can't believe you have a 1st grader and a 7th grader. Preschool too.........Wow! This will be so fun to keep up with you. Love ya