We know she's getting older, but it's frightening to have a 13 yr old who looks so mature. A few weeks ago, she had a substitute teacher refuse to let her out of class for 7th grade testing because she was convinced that Lauren was a 9th grader just trying to get out of class. Of the 2000 text messages she's used so far this month (no, that's not a typo), most of them are from - gasp! - BOYS! And not just the one she has officially claimed as her boyfriend recently (another GASP!). Kent is about having a nervous breakdown, and Matt seems to be in denial. All of us are wondering how we're going to keep those darn boys away from such a beautiful creature. Kent is suggesting buying guns and ammo.... I don't worry too much, though. She's stubborn and a touch rebellious about cleaning her room and doing homework, but she's also the embodiment of the Young Women's values. She knows who she is, what she wants, and what is deeply important to her.
For her birthday

4 comments:
Happy Birthday Lauren!! I can't believe she is 13. She is so cute, so just get used to the whole boy thing now. I love the fire pit. Nice going Kent. Miss you guys. Samantha wishes she could have been there for the party.
Happy Birthday Lauren! She is beautiful and sassy...just like her mother! You knew those boys were right around the corner. I would suggest the guns and ammo and it doesn't hurt to have Kent cleaning the guns when the boys actually appear on the door step!
P.S. Welcome to what I like to refer to as "Real Parenthood," defined by teenaged children and unprepared parents who still act like they are teenaged! LOL! 13 is nothing, just wait until 15 and something happens to their bodies and minds, I think they are taken over by some alien force!
WOW!!!!!!!!!! that sounds like she had an awsome birthday!!! and you should keep the fire pit. Happy Birthday Lauren!!!!!!!!!
What a fun birthday celebration!! I cant believe Lauren is 13 too!! Where has the time gone??!! I still remember her as a little tot reading every book in site. She has gotten so tall and is of course so beautiful!!
Post a Comment