Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween and Cheer



It was a busy weekend with Halloween and our last cheer competition, so I'm a little behind and out of order. The girls had a great Halloween! I have to say, though, that I was once again disappointed in our neighborhood. We tried to go trick-or-treating, but only our cul-de-sac was even home! The little girls were happy to just go to a few and then watch a movie, and Lauren went with her friends up in Oakley's neighborhood (which was far more festive than ours, I might add), so they were all content. Kent and I were sad that we didn't get more trick-or-treaters, after all the decorating we did. :) Oh, well. More leftover candy for us! BTW, here is the long-awaited picture of the completed pettiskirts. Aren't they they cutest little witches ever?! (So, I'm a little biased.) Lauren finally decided to go as a Monster Bride - excuse me, a Monster Girlfriend. She told everyone she was too young to be a bride. :) The tiny blonde in the middle is her BFF, Oakley.



My cheer squad had their last competition on Saturday, and did MUCH better than the weekend before. This was after one girl quit Tuesday, and another broke her hand right before the last practice on Thursday, so we were quite pleased with how well they did. I know I'll miss the girls, but I'm also really glad to be done. I've been coaching twice a week plus games since last October (2 consecutive squads' seasons), and I'm more than ready for a break! Lauren starts a tumbling class this week, so she'll still be able to get her cheer fix.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Cutest witches..........and the girlfriend..........hmmmm.....your girls as something beyond adorable. Glad the cheer stuff is over for you. You were a good sport through it all.
Now on the scouts! Oh, I shouldn't have reminded you.

Laura said...

Those are great pictures!! The witches are adorable and their skirts are so cute. I'm so impressed you made those! Way to go!! Lauren looks so cute...and i love she was a girlfriend not a bride, thats cool!