Monday, September 14, 2009

Some Excitement at Casa Riley


Just when I think I'm going to be able to keep up with my blog, my modem DIES and I'm without internet for a whole week! So, here's what happened during the WEEK WITHOUT INTERNET ACCESS:
Emily lost her very first tooth! Yay, Emmy! We noticed last Monday at dinner that her new tooth was coming in behind it - OH, NO! So, with the help of her biggest sis and Aunt Amy, Emily managed to wiggle that little wobbler right out. The Tooth Fairy is very generous for first teeth, so Emily was excited to find a $5 bill under her pillow AND she left the tooth for Emmy to show her class.
Lauren had her own bit of excitement the Saturday before last. She spilled a steaming bowl of Top Ramen all over her foot. That doesn't sound so bad, right? Yeah, it probably wouldn't have been, but dear Lauren wasn't supposed to be eating on the couch. So she panicked. Instead of cleaning the boiling hot soup off her foot, she chose to try cleaning up the mess first to possibly avoid being in trouble for eating in the Forbidden Zone. The resulting severe 2nd degree burn turned out to be sufficient punishment. She hasn't worn anything but flip flops for the last 10 days, and actually had to get a doctor's note for it because of the school's dress code. How many kids do you know actually need a prescription for flip flops?
On Friday, the girls and I visited the September 11th Memorial Flag Field in Sandy. I didn't think that, 8 years later, hearing the speech President Bush gave that day, or seeing all those flags could still make me cry. But they still do. Lauren and I talked about what happened that day, and what it meant to our country. Even the little girls walked reverently through the flags, holding hands. I really pray that they all grow up with the same freedom's and opportunities that we've enjoyed thus far.....

No comments: