Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday, Lindsey!

It's official - our little blondie is 8 years old!
Birthdays are huge in the Riley home, and this one was no exception. After I scoured Target's dollar bins for MONTHS to find Hello Kitty trinkets, Lindsey announced that she reeaalllyy wanted a Halloween theme. Hmmmm....Okay. How about a witch party? Can I puuhhlleeesse have a sleepover? I'm old enough now. Plleeeaaasssee, Mommy?
Oh, dear.

So, Friday night, a dozen or so little witchies descended on our (haunted) house for games, goodies, and ghoulish fun. We made candy bracelets, whacked a pinata, hunted for ghosts, and watched a movie until 8 little girls (some got homesick around 10pm) plus 3 teenagers (under the guise of helping with the party) finally fell asleep on the family room floor. One would think that staying up until midnight would make little witchies tired enough to sleep in. One would be very VERY wrong. At the crack of dawn - okay, 7:30 - a great noise woke Kent and I from our slumber. UUggh.
Apparently, little witchies don't know how dangerous it is to wake teenaged witchies from their beauty sleep. Especially by kicking them. Yeah.
All in all, Lindsey proclaimed this birthday to be a success, and immediately began planning her ninth. Meanwhile, we're trying to impress upon her the serious and sacred nature of her upcoming baptism this Saturday.
She just really, really likes her new dress.

No comments: