Our sweet, adorable 8 year old was baptized and confirmed yesterday by her Daddy. She was, of course, a little nervous and very excited! She's such a sweet, friendly, little girl! We had almost all of our combined families there to witness this sacred event, including Kent's mom and stepdad from Washington. Lauren gave a cute - and short - talk on baptism in honor of her little sis, and Emily made sure Lindsey got thoroughly dunked. :)
I loved seeing my little Lindsey take this big step on her spiritual journey. I'm not sure how much of it she really understands at this point, but I know that she will eventually grasp the significance of yesterday's events. Right now, the experience of having her (large) family there- just for her- is still a profoundly important message that she is loved tremendously by a lot of people. My hope is that she'll feel and recognize the Holy Spirit's presence strongly in her life, and find comfort in the gift of repentance. The rest will develop over the months and years ahead.

No comments:
Post a Comment