Happy (belated) Thanksgiving, everyone!
Kent and I hosted dinner for my mom's side of the family again this year, and it was great! Of course, we cooked enough for a small army again, but I think that's why we get begged to do it each year. :) The begging is no exaggeration - I mentioned that my dad had invited us there, and my mom about had a nervous breakdown. I think I even heard tears falling.
Kent and I really do enjoy hosting dinners and parties. I love creating tablescapes, cooking large quantities of food, and watching everyone enjoy it all! Kent is very supportive throughout the whole thing - especially the clean-up! I think I would've made a fantastic Italian matron - force-feeding family and friends, cooking a mountain of pasta and appetizers. I'm actually glad my mom and grandma dislike entertaining. It gives me a perfect outlet for my domestic energies to be able to host all the family gatherings.
This weekend was also special because my adorable nephew, Garrett, was baptized. It's a moving experience to witness the power of the priesthood in action! I loved watching so many of the men in our family standing together in righteousness. All of these men were also in the circle when Garrett was blessed 8 years ago. I believe that Grandpa Duwayne and Grandpa Rick (who passed away a few weeks ago) were both on hand, too.
I feel so blessed to be part of a strong, spiritual family. It's just the last decade or so that it's been that way, which makes it all the more precious. I especially love the example my little sis, Chantelle, is setting for my girls. She's so sweet and spiritual, and a great role model for all her nieces.
I could ramble on, but suffice it to say that I'm feeling abundantly blessed, and inspired to draw even closer to the gospel than I have been recently.
Even Cub Scouts is seeming more exciting. :)
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Even cub scouts seems more exciting? Everything else in this post seems right; decorating, entertaining, time with family. Someone must have added that part at the end without you knowing.
Sounds like you had an awesome dinner and weekend! Thanksgiving dinners are always so delish! Make sure to include a pic of your Christmas dinner table. I wanna see. :)
Post a Comment