I woke up yesterday morning, looked out the window, and cried. Everything - including my tomatoes - was covered in the awful white stuff! Now, normally I love the first snow. But it's only the middle of October, and we haven't even had Fall yet. At least it melted quickly. We have a tradition of having hot cocoa every time it snows, so I did break out our cocoa maker for breakfast. That eased my pain a little. Then Kent re-lit the pilot on the fireplace. I love him! He knows just how to cheer me up.
Nothing will make me feel better about being called to Scouts, though. Anyone who knows me, will understand that this is like the 3rd ring of Hell for me. And you can all just stop laughing RIGHT NOW (especially you, Kirsten and Amy!). At least Kent has to do it, too. This does give weight to my theory that some callings are more desperation than inspiration. I think it's time to move again.
On a happier note, I finished the little spider ornaments for my Halloween tree, and our newest family member, Midnight, seems to be getting along a smidgen better with Tabitha. (Midnight: abandoned house cat that adopted us recently; Tabitha: existing cat with serious neurotic tendencies). They do fine as long as they can't see each other. Lots of hissing and swiping of paws when they do. This is a little reminiscent of Amy and I as teens. (Love ya, sis!)
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I would laugh, but they called me to the bears. I agree with you. They just need someone to fill the seats. If people would actually step up and do what they are asked, maybe the rest of us could catch a break. We so need to do Spaghetti Factory. Marshall always goes when he's in Boise, which is 2 out of every 6 weeks, but I'm feeling left out.
Spaghetti Factory sounds great! So you got called to Scouts, too? What exactly are WE supposed to do with 8 year old boys? At least you have cutie-pie Scott for reference. :)
I', already not looking forward to scouts when he turns 8, and now they put me in 3 years early. I plan on moving. Of course, that's been the plan for 2 1/2 years. I think I'm being punished.
ha ha! no scouts for me! So I am laughing, very hard. Just Kidding. I feel your pain, but I think I feel worse for the 8 year old boys who will be glittering pumpkins and working on crafts.
Post a Comment