Speaking of preschool, Emily has loved hers! After struggling with reading the first semester, she went back after Christmas break and suddenly the light went on. Her teacher says she's reading really well now, but is especially good with numbers (that's not from my genes). She has lots of little friends, too. She's always been our shy one, so I worried about her making friends. Apparently, that isn't a problem.
She's also really exceling in dance and tumbling. Her instructor says she's definitely ready for company, and maybe even the more advanced level. When I worked at AAG as a cheer director, she would play on the baby gymnastics equipment. She was only about 18 months old, but she could do pull-ups on the bars and forward rolls. I kinda knew we had an athlete on our hands at that point. :) I decided to teach her to do a backbend the other day. She didn't even wait for me to finish explaining how before she threw herself backwards - I barely caught her before she landed on her head! She practices cartwheels and arch ups ALL THE TIME now, and can do forward flips on the trampoline. I may be in trouble with this one.

6 comments:
Fun times and fun parties...do scouts like mermaids? LOL! A little cub scout blue is good for you and a house of pink. It looks like the best party ever!
Hannah did great! She is one of Willowcreeks newest 7th grade cheerleaders!
There you go, making the rest of us look bad again. Happy Birthday to Emily. She's so adorable.
Whatever, Kirsten. Your cooking gives the rest of us an inferiority complex. :)
Channa! Oh my gosh- I can't believe you made all of those costumes, you are AMAZING!! Wow!! So glad everyone had a ball!
This is a nomination into the hall of fame for little girl parties. What a good girl you are Channa and those beaming little girl faces tell the whole story. Fun fun.
Wow what fun! I hope she had a great party! happy birthday emily
Post a Comment