It is 1:00 am, and I'm awake stressing about my cheer squad and our competition this Saturday. I seriously need help. Or a sleeping pill. Probably both.
On a happier note, our cute-but-cautious Lindsey finally ditched her training wheels last week! I guess having your younger sis do it first is a powerful motivator. :) It's so cute (and a little scary) watching the two of them cruising really fast down the street to their friends' houses. I love being a mom - kids are so entertaining!
Tonight, Lindsey spent a considerable amount of time and energy trying to rearrange my schedule for Thursday so I can go on her field trip. Sadly, they aren't allowing any preschoolers to go and it's an all-day event. That pretty much eliminates me from going right now. Lindsey did volunteer every single person she knows as a potential baby-sitter for Emmy (who loudly objected to being called "the baby" at this point), but to no avail. Usually at this point I'd see about Kent working from home, but he's so busy this week at work that he didn't volunteer as usual so I'm assuming that's not a possibility. Poor kid. She actually enjoys having me around as much as I love being there, so I try to be involved as much as possible. It just won't work this time.
It's really weird that a rather large number of people think Lauren is my sister because they think I look too young to be her mom (AND we look a lot alike) And yet I am finding an appalling number of grey hairs and tiny wrinkles. Someone PLEASE explain how this works!
Kent picked up our Scouting materials tonight in the form of a large, grey tote. Typical of our ward, it is a HUGE mess with no form of discernible organization whatsoever. I've concluded that I was called to this position to bring order and enlightenment to the poor boys and leaders in an effort to produce more Eagle Scouts in future years. This is much preferred to believing that I'm somehow being punished. Thank you, Andrea, for reminding me to "make it fun". Cutseying-up 3-ring binders and organizing chaos are pretty high up on my "fun scale"! Just don't ask me to go on any campouts.
It's now nearing 2 am, so this concludes this edition of Random Thoughts.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Love you Channa. It's fun to see what's going on in your life. That's funny that people think Lauren is your sis and she does look like you. Those beautiful eyes.
I think I did cubs for 7 years. The entire time Rich was bishop too. I kept trying to get him to release me, but he wouldn't......said that was the perfect spot for me. It was too. I still remember one of Jeremy's groups and the Halloween I blindfolded them and passed around the stuff I had collected in the grave yard. (heart (liver) brains (spaghetti) -- you know the poem and it was straight out of he scout helps. Anyway, several of them started crying. Ha Ha. I thought - well you big babies - and came out with a treat and they were happy. Hang in there.
I might start thinking you're a little OCD if you're up at 1:00 am worrying about cheer. Welcome to the club. I am having a hard time with scouts. It's just not me and I can't seem to make myself be happy to be there. Hopefully it is one of those callings they only put you in for a short time, kind of like nursery.
You 2 are way funny! The strange thing is that I really do enjoy organizing chaos, so I'll handle the admin work and let Kent deal with the boy-related issues. Kirsten, we WILL survive this together! Andrea, you raised 3 boys and survived 7 years as a scout leader - any ideas for two very girl-oriented scout leaders? :)
As it turns out scouting was one of my favorite callings as I look back. I think I have held all of the callings and those boys were FUN and enthusiastic about almost everything we did. There are no emotional highs and lows with boys and no "he hurt my feelings". You just need to let them know you are the boss. Give them a good start. The scouting program is important.
Post a Comment